Stephen's future aquarium plans

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Stephen wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:47 am My main issue is delivery. Many suppliers do a "pallet drop" which would cause me problems due to my disability, I can't lift.
6 years ago I arranged with my local LFS to have the cabinet assembled (off site) and delivered together with the aquarium and placed in position in my home.
I would need something similar this time, so the supplier is paramount, I will have another chat with my local LFS to see what they can supply (Oase stockist).
I visited the local LFS but the only large aquariums they can supply are the Oase brand.
Again I can not justify paying £2300.00 just for an aquarium and cabinet (lighting and filtration is extra).
So I'm down to the Juwel Lido 450 LED (450L) or a custom built.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

Stephen, the Juwel RIO 450 LED is a fantastic tank, as you know i am on my second now, and costs just under £1200. It just comes down to if you can live with a little loss in capacity. If Karen and I had somewhere to put another one we would not hesitate.

Ian + Karen.
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

I'd also tank a look at the aqua one aquasys (no sump) and reefsys (sump) - optiwhite glass, nice cabinets and very well priced. It's likely what i'll go for next.

I think most LFS now offer a delivery and setup service, part of the setup would be bringing it in so I dont think it'll be an issue for most decent stores.

https://www.swelluk.com/aqua-one-aquasys-395
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Jewel is a nice tank I've had one before but be aware you will be stuck with their lighting and unit if you want to upgrade or yours goes faulty, mine did go faulty and the after market bulbs that used to fit no longer do, so I had to buy a whole new unit from Jewel which was a lot more expensive, so unless things have changed it is worth bearing that in mind.
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 310 times

Juwel are bringing out what looks to be a grey version of the Rio range towards the end of the year, it’s certainly made my mind up about which tank I’m gonna go for.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

wingnut55 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 15:33 pm Stephen, the Juwel RIO 450 LED is a fantastic tank, as you know i am on my second now, and costs just under £1200. It just comes down to if you can live with a little loss in capacity. If Karen and I had somewhere to put another one we would not hesitate.

Ian + Karen.
I was inspired by your tank log Ian.
I'll be losing 100L of capacity and losing about 30cm off the length and a few cm off the depth but I can live with that.
Like yourself I will remove the internal filter system and use my already cycled 2 x Eheim Pro 600 external filters.
I am already in the process of creating a new stocking list based on the 450L volume.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)