Stephen's future aquarium plans

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

If the cabinet is in good condition then I'd go for the hood mod option, once you aren't tied to proprietary lights life is much better.
The lights I bought are pretty thin, flat and easily attached to other stuff, they could probably be attached to the underneath of the old light fitting.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Fluval don't make either the Aquasky or Plant that will fit a 6 foot aquarium.
I have looked.
:(
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

2x 3ft can hang from the ceiling tho - i think @PaulVerrall had 2 aquaskys on his large tank
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

I was thinking of bolt together options, the nice thing about LEDs is that cheap ones grow plants just as well. The timers seem to be naff but that's easy to replace.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234281358822 ... media=COPY
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

You can buy 180cm lights too 😁
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

LookoutTrout wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 21:32 pm If the cabinet is in good condition then I'd go for the hood mod option, once you aren't tied to proprietary lights life is much better.
The lights I bought are pretty thin, flat and easily attached to other stuff, they could probably be attached to the underneath of the old light fitting.
There's not enough room to attach any lights to the underside of the existing fittings due to the existing lights being too close to the glass struts.
Lee_k wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 21:51 pm 2x 3ft can hang from the ceiling tho - i think @PaulVerrall had 2 aquaskys on his large tank
Paul has glass covers on his aquarium, there's no covers on mine except for the flaps and existing light fittings.
LookoutTrout wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 22:01 pm I was thinking of bolt together options, the nice thing about LEDs is that cheap ones grow plants just as well. The timers seem to be naff but that's easy to replace.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234281358822 ... media=COPY
I saw those lights from China, no UK safety mark. :dodgy:

I do prefer things that are supplied by the manufacturer and carry a warranty.
I did message a custom build aquarium supplier who can fit Fluval Aquasky LEDs to their custom build aquariums, but they couldn't be bothered to reply.
I haven't bought the new aquarium yet as I need to make room for it by selling the existing one first. So plenty of time before I order a new aquarium.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)