False Harlequin Fry

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
Neil32
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Hi. I've had some false harlequin rasboras for about 9 months in a small (10 gallon) tank in my kitchen. I recently noticed a single, small fish swimming around. Obviously a soul survivor from a first spawning. But since the temperature has risen outdoors over the last couple of weeks there has been a second spawning and there are now between 10-15 fry swimming around the tank. I don't have room for a growing out tank so they will have to stay in with the adults (1m,2f).
Are these fish usually tricky to breed ?
What would be my best route to sell or give away these fish once they get bigger? LFS or are there any good private sales groups online ? Thanks
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

Breeding Rasbora is pretty easy given the right conditions.

Feed fry either on infusoria, vinegar eels, microworms, newly hatched brine shrimp or you could try boiled egg yolk (be careful how much you use) You could try a starter food like Liquid fry food.

Once large enough, most local aquatics will take them in exchange. ;)
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
If you go with Liquifry, then do water changes an hour after feeding as it tends to pollute the water if left. They'll need it 3 times a day, so it can be a bit of a pain.... ;)
Neil32
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Thanks both