Will fish survive the construction next door?

Vlowman
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Hi all,

This is my fish tank - sat close too, but not touching, the wall between me and my neighbour.

We live in your standard Victorian terraced houses and they've just begun the process of knocking though the wall on the ground floor that will open up their living area - like so many (including us) tend to do in these houses. Part of that will involve seating a load bearing beam into the wall between us.

I can't imagine any of this is going to be a quiet, vibration free or particularly quick process - but I can't really imagine moving the tank either.

That said, please do offer your wisdom and advice!

Thanks!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Vlowman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:39 am Hi all,

This is my fish tank - sat close too, but not touching, the wall between me and my neighbour.

We live in your standard Victorian terraced houses and they've just begun the process of knocking though the wall on the ground floor that will open up their living area - like so many (including us) tend to do in these houses. Part of that will involve seating a load bearing beam into the wall between us.

I can't imagine any of this is going to be a quiet, vibration free or particularly quick process - but I can't really imagine moving the tank either.

That said, please do offer your wisdom and advice!

Thanks!
It should be fine. I've been slowly rebuilding my house over the last 6 months with no ill affect.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Take some precautions, maybe a duvet down the back to muffle the banging, keep the top covered incase any loose dust/plaster comes from your wall or ceiling