Oasis fish auction.

Any clubs running in your area? Looking for local aquatic auctions? Post here.
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

@Martinspuddle the pH requirements for p.leopoldi are putting me off that species. I'm going to stick with scalares.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Domestic Angels, silver and all the colour varieties, are a lot more adaptable than any that are wild caught. In my 50 years experience I’ve never known anyone else say the colour varieties are more aggressive than the silvers, but the temperament varies between individuals.

All the domestic varieties, including the silver, are actually leopoldi x scalare hybrids.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

black ghost wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 15:23 pm Domestic Angels, silver and all the colour varieties, are a lot more adaptable than any that are wild caught. In my 50 years experience I’ve never known anyone else say the colour varieties are more aggressive than the silvers, but the temperament varies between individuals.

All the domestic varieties, including the silver, are actually leopoldi x scalare hybrids.
I found the domestic bred wild form or wild caught Scalare could be a little less aggressive than coloured hybrids during spawning.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: