Boyu tanks, any good?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
DuzMano
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Sorry, I've no idea what are good or not, apart from the very big brands like fluval etc, but have an opportunity to possibly get one of these second hand local to me, and if I can get some good quality kit a bit cheaper, seems to make sense... It's a boyu ec600 I believe from the shape of the lid?

The size is right, but buying this stuff second hand when you're clueless is a bit disconcerting... So any pointers on what to look out for other than the obvious cracks and scratches would be real helpful ahah
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

They tend to have trickle filters which aren’t great these days, and make it difficult to fit other filters. Some of the older models used to have odd sized light tubes, which are a nightmare to get hold of.

I’d personally look for something different like aquaone, fluval, juwel etc.
DuzMano
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Thanks.

The tank, cabinet an additional filter, air pump, and some hardscape stuff is 80 quid ono, and has been up for a while I was going to offer 60, but if they're going to be an ongoing pain, the saving isn't going to be worth it
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Boyu - Made in China, nuff said. :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: