Cloudy water again!

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
AQUAMAN

After removing fish, draining the tank and cleaning all the gravel, rocks, and equipment, I refilled the tank with fresh clear water, added water treatment and let stand for two days.
I then reintroduced the cleaned items and fish and got the heavy duty external filter going after cleaning all it's filters.

The tank was looking prestine with crystal clear water.
Within one or two days, the water in the tank was once again cloudy!

I believe it is time I considered selling this 100 litre setup and purchase a puppy? :angry:
DuzMano
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Your tank isn't gonna poop on your carpet... Just sayin ..
John Linklater
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 90 times

How old is the tank? How did you clean the items you put back in?
Bluetaurus
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 75 times

Don't give up AQUAMAN,
Every one of us has had issues with our tanks, especially at the beginning. It can be frustrating but will be worth it once it all settles, and it will.
Superfish home 110 ,Superfish aqua pro 300 filter, + APS hob 500 filter.
Low tech set up.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

AQUAMAN wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 14:59 pm After removing fish, draining the tank and cleaning all the gravel, rocks, and equipment, I refilled the tank with fresh clear water, added water treatment and let stand for two days.
Why did you remove everything out of the aquarium for cleaning, this sounds to me you've caused a bacterial bloom. Have you tested the aquarium since, if so, what are the water parameter results now?
AQUAMAN wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 14:59 pm I then reintroduced the cleaned items and fish and got the heavy duty external filter going after cleaning all it's filters.
What did you clean the filter with? :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Where were the fish and filters while you cleaned the tank?
Have you used the same substrate? Gravel can contain pieces that release carbonates (another reason for using sand ;) ), so it could be that?
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Flex365
FOTM & TOTM Winner
FOTM & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 236 times

I believe it is time I considered selling this 100 litre setup and purchase a puppy? :angry:
[/quote]

@Aquaman - I think we've all been there, where you are now and know how your feeling about jacking it all in, the hardest times in fishkeeping for me have been, like you, when things go wrong and no matter what you try, you can't seem to fix it and feel like calling it a day.

This is a natural feeling when things don't go our way especially in the early days, I've had this feeling myself many times over the years, however I've learnt that with the help, support and valuable knowledge of the fish forum, that we can all make it through the dark times we encounter in our fishkeeping journey.

Just as we fall, we can rise again stronger, more knowledgeable, more determined not to give in - with an army of fish keepers by your side - success will happen, it's just a matter of time, your patience and perseverance is key.

The greatest pleasure I've had in fish keeping is when everything goes right and I can sit back and enjoy my tank and everything inside it, knowing that I persevered through the dark times, with the help of the forum and never gave up - rise up my friiend, embrace and conquer the challenge ahead of you,.

When everything settles down in your tank, everything you feel right now will be a distant memory and when you watch your beautiful fish swimming around - you can begin to enjoy the pleasure and joy of fishkeeping.
AQUAMAN

Ihave now added a new internal filter - Fluval U4 Internal Filter and added some Clarity water clarifier - Seachem Clarity.
Hopefully this final money spend will improve things?
John Linklater
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 90 times

AQUAMAN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:46 am Ihave now added a new internal filter - Fluval U4 Internal Filter and added some Clarity water clarifier - Seachem Clarity.
Make sure you’re only feeding a small amount that the fish eat within a couple of minutes. If the filter is working and it goes cloudy again, it’s a bacterial bloom you can speed up and protect your fish during and after a bloom by dosing Seachem prime and Seachem stability.

Always clean your filter media in tank water.
Clem Fandango
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 12 times

AQUAMAN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:46 am Ihave now added a new internal filter - Fluval U4 Internal Filter and added some Clarity water clarifier - Seachem Clarity.
Im sure it will in the long run :)

You cant buy patience though. As others have suggested it sounds like a bloom to me.