Hi All

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Wez
Has liked: 1 time

Hi everyone, hope this post finds you well.
I am in a bit of a dilema after my brothers business has gone a bit pear shaped and my mum has had to sell her house.
Long story short i now have 7 fish tanks with blue eyed lemon plecs, japanese blue double swords, red white and blue double sword guppies, some spotted brown corys and albino corys.
i have created 3 tanks of my own as in the photos (if allowed ).

my question is how do i distribute the 100's of fish that are in fairness costing a fortune to run.
They just breed so fast i don't have the heart to flush them down the loo :suprised:

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK
Wez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 17:39 pm my question is how do i distribute the 100's of fish that are in fairness costing a fortune to run.
Are you asking between these three aquariums you have, if what sizes are they?
Wez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 17:39 pm They just breed so fast i don't have the heart to flush them down the loo :suprised:
I sincerely hope not, apart from being illegal, there is the part of law that comes under 'duty of care' The Animal Welfare Act 2006

Your local fish shops not take the excess fish you have?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Bluetaurus
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 75 times

Hello and welcome
Superfish home 110 ,Superfish aqua pro 300 filter, + APS hob 500 filter.
Low tech set up.
Lo1
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 223 times

Hello and welcome to the forum
:swim: :swim2: :swim:

NACD OptiWhite Aquarium 140l,
F Zone Stainless Steel 15l filter,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh daylight,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh plants,
AI Nero 3 Powerhead,
Twinstar Nano Sterilizer,
Co2 Art PRO-SE.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 20:41 pm Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK
Wez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 17:39 pm my question is how do i distribute the 100's of fish that are in fairness costing a fortune to run.
Are you asking between these three aquariums you have, if what sizes are they?
Wez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 17:39 pm They just breed so fast i don't have the heart to flush them down the loo :suprised:
I sincerely hope not, apart from being illegal, there is the part of law that comes under 'duty of care' The Animal Welfare Act 2006

Your local fish shops not take the excess fish you have?
Welcome to the forum. :)

What Martin said.... ;)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Wez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 17:39 pm Hi everyone, hope this post finds you well.
I am in a bit of a dilema after my brothers business has gone a bit pear shaped and my mum has had to sell her house.
Long story short i now have 7 fish tanks with blue eyed lemon plecs, japanese blue double swords, red white and blue double sword guppies, some spotted brown corys and albino corys.
i have created 3 tanks of my own as in the photos (if allowed ).

my question is how do i distribute the 100's of fish that are in fairness costing a fortune to run.
They just breed so fast i don't have the heart to flush them down the loo :suprised:

Hi Wes,

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Where in the UK are you located? I know some decent fish shops up North who9 would take/ rehome fish for you. You could also advertise them in the classified or free section of this forum.

There are free rehoming pages on Facebook too. you're not allowed to sell fish on Facebook anymore, but can rehome for free. I'll be honest though, I'd vet the people and what care they can actually provide as most people continuous asking for free fish just keep killing theirs off. This forum is a great place to rehome, sell or trade fish and stuff with (generally) more responsible keepers.

Might be interested in some of the guppies if you have any decent photos/ videos? (and where you are obviously)
Wez

Hi All so sorry for the late reply. Work is chaos at the moment.

The 3 tanks i put up in the opening post are staying as they are mine and i or the lady who must be obeyed says they are staying.
so here are the other 3 tanks i have set up to home the rest of the fishes, and there is another large set up to come from mums house.

I would not flush them, im to soft, my partner works with kids, and i have an idea with the led lighting i could make some tanks for the sensory room at the school? Coulored lights, quiet and no internet
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Split them up between male and female is the only way to stop the breeding. Even then the females will still drop for some time.
Wez

Hi everyone
Finally a few days off work so i can catch up.
All the fishes are fine and doing well.
The lady indoors has now decided to keep 3 of the now 7 tanks we have.
i have 3 filters that i am not sure about so if i may can i post pictures somewhere here for advice as they really are no use to me but would like something for them?
thank you.
Wez
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

post pictures of them in the equipment section and we will advice :)