YOUTUBE Superstars

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Flex365
FOTM & TOTM Winner
FOTM & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 236 times

Been watching quite a bit of YouTube videos lately to do with the hobby, just wondering if other members have any favourite Hobby related channels they like to watch.

I've listed a few below

1, George Foreman - Aquascaping
2. MD tanks - Aquascaping
3. Fish Shop Matt - Everything fish related, Fish Advice - plants - Aquascaping, Product review etc.

Just to name a few, who are your favourite Hobby related - YOUTUBE Superstars?
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Flex365 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm Been watching quite a bit of YouTube videos lately to do with the hobby, just wondering if other members have any favourite Hobby related channels they like to watch.

I've listed a few below

1, George Foreman - Aquascaping
2. MD tanks - Aquascaping
3. Fish Shop Matt - Everything fish related, Fish Advice - plants - Aquascaping, Product review etc.

Just to name a few, who are your favourite Hobby related - YOUTUBE Superstars?
I assume yo mean George farmer for aquascaping? He really annoys me. Don't like him at all.

Not seen the others. The only person I've watched for years is tghe King of DIY - Joey Mullen. He covers, well everything haha.
John Linklater
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 90 times

I don’t like any of them that I’ve seen. The guy who does MD fish tanks is maybe the most irritating person on the internet.
Bluetaurus
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 75 times

I follow MD tanks, occasionally fish shop Matt, pond guru if I want the low down on a specific filter he may have pimped up. There is a husband and wife in the USA who give good advice too ( forget their channel!)
Superfish home 110 ,Superfish aqua pro 300 filter, + APS hob 500 filter.
Low tech set up.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Flex365 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm 1, George Foreman - Aquascaping
Knew he was flogging his own brand of grills but didn't know about his Aquascaping channel @Flex365? ::eh::
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Flex365
FOTM & TOTM Winner
FOTM & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 236 times

George foreman what the hell was I thinking??? Yes Martin his branded grills are not to bad.
Been watching past boxing greats as well.

George foremans Aquascaping channel - now that would be something I'd watch.

Apologise- George Farmer. Have to stop using predictive text - before I end up in real trouble !!!! :crazy:
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 1945 times

I like MD and Fish shop Matt because they do fairly affordable and achievable set ups, I know a lot of people give them some stick but they are quite successful on YT so I guess the critics are the most vocal!
Green Aqua is a bit high end but I still enjoy watching sometimes
MJ aquascaping is quite good
Serpa Design does more Terrarium types but also some 'pure' tanks, I am not likely to set up a house for a lizard myself (too many water tanks) but I can enjoy watching some else's
I also find George Farmer annoying
Recently I have been looking for rift lake tanks there is one called Kaity's Cichlids which I have quite enjoyed
With this kind of viewing history my tanks should look amazing, this is definitely not the case, it's just if I have a spare hour of an evening I am far more likely to enjoy a YT video than anything I might find on my (quite old and limited) TV.
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
DuzMano
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Bluetaurus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 16:58 pm I follow MD tanks, occasionally fish shop Matt, pond guru if I want the low down on a specific filter he may have pimped up. There is a husband and wife in the USA who give good advice too ( forget their channel!)
Kgtropicals maybe the husband and wife team?
DuzMano

I watch MD, and while I agree he can be irritating, I like what he does with his tanks in regards to how they look, and while I can't afford to chuck the money a successful YouTube channel can nor do I agree with some of his methods about cycling his tanks and stressing fish, the scapes can still come across as being achievable and attainable and all the while you think well, hell, if he can do it, why can't I? Which I guess is the point he wants to encourage people to take up the hobby, and while he wasn't the sole inspiration he is one of the ones who made me think I could have a go at this aquascaping lark. We'll soon see when I start my first tank :)
Last edited by DuzMano on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DuzMano

I find a lot of the American channels quite condescending, which is probably me and not their intent, I just find the intonation of the American accent comes over that way to me. But there are some I like, kgtropicals are one and the other guy who John does his podcast/stream with who kinda looks like a cross between Santa and a happy thanos...

Father fish just comes over as a doddery old coot who makes me chuckle, and I'm sure he is full of knowledge and demands more respect but I just can't take him seriously.