''HELLO'' from SW Scotland

Tell us a bit about yourself!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1855 times
Been liked: 4438 times

8 days, right address, one piece… hatrick!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4387 times
Been liked: 4045 times

Think yourself lucky. Every time I buy something from a supplier that uses EVRi, that package gets as far as their main distribution hub in Barnsley and disappears.

I've lost count how many times I've either been refunded or the supplier has had to use a different courier to deliver to my address.

What really gets up my nose is EVRi has the cheek to send an email asking to rate my delivery! :mad:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
yardbent
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

@Martinspuddle

''....I've lost count how many times I've either been refunded ....''

me too..! It's got to the point I will ONLY order from sellers on eBay who use Royal Mail
regards...........john
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

I actually posted something recently that the buyer selected hermes as the option (why is ebay still listing it as hermes??) It actually cost me in the end as I sent it 48 hour royal mail instead.
yardbent

4 days ago I ordered 20kg of sand from eBay and chose Pro Shrimp UK specifically as they listed Royal Mail. today I get an email from YODEL ...... I'm seriously considering cancelling the Order.!
regards...........john
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Yodel are not too bad around here. I'm sure pro shrimp won't use a courier that'll let them down :) Most companies won't ship 20KG parcels with royal mail (do they go that heavy? Parcel Force do).
Martinspuddle

yardbent wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:25 pm 4 days ago I ordered 20kg of sand from eBay and chose Pro Shrimp UK specifically as they listed Royal Mail. today I get an email from YODEL ...... I'm seriously considering cancelling the Order.!
DHL Express UK owns Yodel.

Not had any issues with them but like all courier firms they are all over stretched by deadlines and at any one time short staffed, so you can never win. :]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinspuddle

Without harping on about it. :$

The problem is the internet. You click and buy, easy yes? ...then the fun starts. :]

I'm a lorry driver, driven nights most of my working career. When I first started, night were a breeze, little traffic and the distribution hubs ran like clockwork.

2012 things start to get busier. After the Pandemic through today - :dodgy2:

Roads are very busy even in the small hours. Traffic jams are frequent, more lorries than ever, made worse still by forever ongoing road works and the distribution networks are still suffering from a HGV driver short fail made worse by Brexit.

Distribution hubs struggle to get the night staff as no one wants the work and all the employment agencies charge these companies large sums for the staff they can supply. Result is low morale, parcel companies run at a loss, due to huge overheads and distribution sites dotted around the country are not large enough to cope with ever growing demand.

The bubble will bust very soon.
yardbent

well i did contact YODEL and set ''Neighbours to avoid'' as the Farm House so hopefully the driver will find my cottage ...fingers crossed
regards...........john