South American puffers...

MozNE
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 17 times

Hi folks,
I'm in the process of setting up a 180 g tank, I've decided on buying a small tank 3ft or so to use as a sump if I don't get my A.P.S ef2000.

I've decided on buying some South American Puffers I'm think maybe 10 of them alongside 10-15 Corydora and maybe 50 neon Tetra and possibly transfer my sail fin Pleco.

From a few people I've spoken to this seems like a good option as I love puffers but don't want to have a species only tank and the SAP are supposed to be the most friendly on the whole.

I understand that usually these puffers in the wild will school, and they are best off with around 8-10 gallons of space each. So they should only take up 80-100 gallons worth of space leaving me with 100 gallons to occupy without intruding too much into the puffers space.
Has anyone tried something similar?
Successful?
Will this much space have a reasonable chance for everyone to remain peaceful and safe?

What would others have in a tank this size?

Puffers are a certainty, what non puffer tank mates would you have?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

That's a nice big tank, what are the dimensions?
It's quite possible that there will be enough space, but I'm never sure with puffers and other free-swimming fish, but it could work in a big tank.