Old Photographs - *Everyone please read*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Hello everyone hope we're all well.

This is an little issue that effects us all in one way or another, old family photographs.

I'm currently sorting though my late father's effects and finding boxes and boxes of old photos of family members many I know but a great deal of these relatives I don't know who they are. Unfortunately, most do not have anything written on them to who or when the where taken and you will find the same one day. I'm the last on my mother's side so I have no hope of finding out who these people were, so before older love ones pass on, get them to tell you who these relations are and write on these old pictures who, where or when it was taken, you'll be so glad did later on.

Thankfully this one is named and dated.

Cheers, Martin.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Weirdly enough it’s something my mam has always done with photos. You never know you might find some group photos which point you in the right direction.
That’s a cracking photo though, you obviously have a knack for cameras and photography in your family :)
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

I love old photos. My dad always used to say that this is one of him when he was a wee girl ...

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3414 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 21:31 pm so before older love ones pass on, get them to tell you who these relations are and write on these old pictures who, where or when it was taken, you'll be so glad did later on.
That is a great tip Martin. I wish I asked my late father questions before he dies (1992) and my great aunt before she died (2009).
I did ask my uncle (dad's brother) some questions before he died (2014) which was very useful.

One of my favourite pastimes (besides tropical fish) is ancestry.
I love building family trees and helping other people (many are not related to me) with their family trees.
If you would like me to help you build a family tree then please ask (message me), I don't charge as it is a passion of mine.

Stephen

Stay safe and healthy everyone
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

Ruth wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 22:10 pm I love old photos. My dad always used to say that this is one of him when he was a wee girl ...
and you believed him .. Image
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Martinspuddle

I would never of known who this lady was in relation to me...

but sometimes your lucky, it's my nans Grandmother.

:]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinspuddle

Stephen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 23:47 pm One of my favourite pastimes (besides tropical fish) is ancestry.
I love building family trees and helping other people (many are not related to me) with their family trees.
If you would like me to help you build a family tree then please ask (message me), I don't charge as it is a passion of mine.
Sorry @Stephen I meant to answer yesterday, got side tracked and forgot :$

Thank you for your very kind offer but it is one item I do have for both side of the family, it's just put names to faces can be the problem.

This one is my mothers family. :]
mattindevon
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 50 times

The time will come when I inherit a wealth of family records and photographs. Luckily my father did lots of work so I merely have to maintain and add to it. This may involve me undertaking the daunting task of finding records in eastern Europe since my partner and mother of my children is from that part of the world. Early indications suggest that this will not be easy!

Any old photographs fascinate me, particularly those that relate to the architecture of the places I have lived in. To anyone who has lived in London, I heartily recommend The Changing Metropolis by Gavin Stamp.
AquaEl 60x30x30: 7 x Male Guppy, 2 x Hillstream Loach, 2 x Albino Cory, 2 x Bronze Cory, 1 x Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlid
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

Martinspuddle wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 am
Stephen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 23:47 pm One of my favourite pastimes (besides tropical fish) is ancestry.
Sorry @Stephen I meant to answer yesterday, got side tracked and forgot :$

Thank you for your very kind offer but it is one item I do have for both side of the family, it's just put names to faces can be the problem.

This one is my mothers family. :]
Interesting.
Did you know that your great-grandmother (might be great-great-grandmother) Fanny Stanford was born on 19th June 1874 and Christened on 16th July 1874?
Her parents were John & Hannah.

All the best