New Tank Log: VikingMummy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Mossyboy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 92 times

Very nice.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 1818 times

PaulVerrall wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 20:49 pm Tank and fish look great! Not so sure on the elevator music playing though 🤣
Yeah…I just grabbed the first piece of music on the app I use that I didn’t immediately hate…but they cheated and the sample was clearly from the best bit, definitely not as insipid as how it turned out!
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Enjoying the new look, especially with the darker evenings starting. I can see the fish more clearly with the lighter substrate but there’s still enough for them to hide in. And feeling more able to do the necessary ferts dosing now it’s just the one tank, one water change instead of 2 tanks both getting twice weekly.

The boy hasn’t said anything about the absent honeys or Pumpkin…but I think I’ll take a trip with him to a fish shop this week and grab some more nerites, maybe a rabbit snail if I can find any (and slip the sales person a photo & note to add in an extra “pumpkin” on the sly).
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

I considered rabbit snails but decided against it as I read they will eat the plants, not sure how true that is as I didn't try it.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4219 times
Been liked: 3886 times

LookoutTrout wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 19:13 pm I considered rabbit snails but decided against it as I read they will eat the plants, not sure how true that is as I didn't try it.
All species of herbivore Gastropoda will consume some form of vegetation or another. ;]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Hello all.
Again, apologies for the long absences! Definitely have hit burnout after the stress of the last year and everything school put us through, although in good news I did get my official autism diagnosis so I’m definitely being kinder to myself over not being able to keep up with stuff I used to manage.

The tank is still suffering niggling BBA but only bothers me if I look too closely…it doesn’t affect my enjoyment of curling up on the sofa to watch the fish.

One more cory had to be euthanised a couple of weeks ago with the same symptoms as all the others over the past year. It wasn’t looking as bad as previous ones, but it had that weird gunky growth going on for months, and then as I was getting the water change started, I noticed it couldn’t maintain itself on the substrate; kept lifting up and hanging perpendicular before swimming back down to substrate…and repeat. So I dealt with it quickly then because none have ever recovered.
Remaining fish are all looking ok, growing as expected and keeping me entertained of an evening. It’s been a whole year since I added the Congos and I’m not sure where the time has gone?!

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Good to hear from you and the good news of the official autism diagnosis.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)