FishyMcFishFaces Tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
FishyMcFishFace
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 100 times

Finally, a nearly one and a half hour round trip, then letting them acclimatise for about 45mins they are in their new home. 6 Cardinals and 6 Harlequins. I thought they would be hiding a bit more but there are all out, and put my 4 cherry shrimp back in the colours were really weak when I got them home.. All seem to be getting on well and its not as full looking as I thought it would be. Do the images post ok, again I am using a work PC as I am working from home and my own windows rig was packed away as I had no room for it.

Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra
2 Rams (1 blue, 1 golden (breeding))

... More to come...
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Pics are there. Looking good.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
FishyMcFishFace

Andys temperate tank wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 19:16 pm Pics are there. Looking good.
Is it a bit too busy? I added a few more smaller roosks to make it look like a river bed then added 2 small pieces of bog wood... as my wife says I cant stop tinkering with things.
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

FishyMcFishFace wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 19:20 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 19:16 pm Pics are there. Looking good.
Is it a bit too busy? I added a few more smaller roosks to make it look like a river bed then added 2 small pieces of bog wood... as my wife says I cant stop tinkering with things.
No not at all the fish are new. Let them settle down.

I like tinkering. My big tank still isnt exactly how I want it. You carry on.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
FishyMcFishFace

Question, my rasboras are coolly schooling round but every so often they go to a plant and kind of rub up against each other then occasionally turn upside down and kinds wriggle their bellies against the leaves, of course being a geek I googles and seen lots of awful things it could be but they look perfectly happy and nearly seem to enjoy it.
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

FishyMcFishFace wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 22:07 pm Question, my rasboras are coolly schooling round but every so often they go to a plant and kind of rub up against each other then occasionally turn upside down and kinds wriggle their bellies against the leaves, of course being a geek I googles and seen lots of awful things it could be but they look perfectly happy and nearly seem to enjoy it.
Sounds like what my cherries do when spawning? Do you notice any white dots floating around straight after?
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
FishyMcFishFace

jammedfool wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 22:09 pm
FishyMcFishFace wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 22:07 pm Question, my rasboras are coolly schooling round but every so often they go to a plant and kind of rub up against each other then occasionally turn upside down and kinds wriggle their bellies against the leaves, of course being a geek I googles and seen lots of awful things it could be but they look perfectly happy and nearly seem to enjoy it.
Sounds like what my cherries do when spawning? Do you notice any white dots floating around straight after?
I haven't noticed that yet as they dart off a soon as I go for a peek, but not that I know much about fish sexual pleasure they definitely seem to be enjoying it. They have coloured up amazingly since I put them in, out of the bag they were dull but now a few are nearly glowing orange with a pearly sheen..... yes I have been watching them for about 4 hours now ::thumbu::

Is chasing aggressive or play?
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

FishyMcFishFace wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 22:15 pm
I haven't noticed that yet as they dart off a soon as I go for a peek, but not that I know much about fish sexual pleasure they definitely seem to be enjoying it. They have coloured up amazingly since I put them in, out of the bag they were dull but now a few are nearly glowing orange with a pearly sheen..... yes I have been watching them for about 4 hours now ::thumbu::

Not sure about that - if egg scattering fish are the same, then males will chase another male off and chase after female... every now and again one of the females is in the mood and gives "come here" eyes to the male, then they do the rubbing thing and I will see very small white/clear bubbles that fall and settle instead of rising.
At some point I'll wait for the right look(fat female) and right behaviour and pop them in a separate tank with a spawning mop and begin the experiment!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
FishyMcFishFace

jammedfool wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 23:24 pm
FishyMcFishFace wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 22:15 pm

Not sure about that - if egg scattering fish are the same, then males will chase another male off and chase after female... every now and again one of the females is in the mood and gives "come here" eyes to the male, then they do the rubbing thing and I will see very small white/clear bubbles that fall and settle instead of rising.
At some point I'll wait for the right look(fat female) and right behaviour and pop them in a separate tank with a spawning mop and begin the experiment!
Would these small eggs settle on the glass?

Edit are rabosa known for darting to the top, they aren't gulping but to take a little air bubble them "spit" spit it out, not all of them and its just randomly?
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Probably just seeing what's going on.
A lot of fish will surface occasionally. They probably think the bubbles are food knowing harlequins. ;)
Eggs will settle onto plants and substrate. Only fish that stick their eggs to things (like corys) are likely to leave eggs on glass.