Lemon Tetras

Tetras, Hatchetfish, Pencilfish, Other Characin Fish (Silver Dollar, Headstander, Leporinus)
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Sixo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 17:18 pm Probably between Lemon Tetras & Cherry Barbs I think.
What else do you have in this tank? I always tend to go with species from the same continent, but I love the Amazon and have little interest beyond it :D
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 310 times

BigBen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 17:52 pm
Sixo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 17:18 pm Probably between Lemon Tetras & Cherry Barbs I think.
What else do you have in this tank? I always tend to go with species from the same continent, but I love the Amazon and have little interest beyond it :D
Bolivian Rams, Cardinal Tetras & Corys, although there are 2 pearl Gourami's which jumbles it up 🤣
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

Sixo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 18:26 pm
BigBen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 17:52 pm
Bolivian Rams, Cardinal Tetras & Corys, although there are 2 pearl Gourami's which jumbles it up 🤣
How do your Pearls get on with the Bolivians? I'm thinking a couple of bigger 'mid' dwelling fish will calm my lemon's down 😂 MD put some bigger fish in his amazon tank recently and they apparently cause smaller fish to chill out and not chase each other as much.
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 310 times

[/quote]

How do your Pearls get on with the Bolivians? I'm thinking a couple of bigger 'mid' dwelling fish will calm my lemon's down 😂 MD put some bigger fish in his amazon tank recently and they apparently cause smaller fish to chill out and not chase each other as much.
[/quote]

No issues there they just cruise around quite elegantly, they don't bother anything else and nothing seems bothered by them either. The male is starting to colour up quite well already will try and get some updated pictures.

Yeah that's my fear with the lemons is I don't have room for a big group and it might lead to a bit of nipping.