Buying Fish Online

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
Flex365
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 235 times

Looking to buy fish online - appreciate any recommendations.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Sweet knowle aquatics
Aquatics to your door

I’ve had good service from a few sellers off eBay as well.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Aqua Life Leyland, I have used them a few times, fish are top quality.
Just need to phone to check stock and prices.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 1818 times

I used Riverpark for my Congo’s (as the only supplier to deliver far enough north in Scotland!)
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
fluxtor
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 54 times

Bump! I'm trying to source some Bloodfin Tetra, not Glass or Rathbun either. Seems all of our LFS don't have any so was advised to look online. Any ideas?
Novice
67ltr Nano Tank
Koi Keeper
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4219 times
Been liked: 3886 times

fluxtor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 17:56 pm Bump! I'm trying to source some Bloodfin Tetra, not Glass or Rathbun either. Seems all of our LFS don't have any so was advised to look online. Any ideas?
Sorry, did you bang your head?

Either eBay, aquarist-classifieds.co.uk or just google 'bloodfin tetra for sale near (your town)'
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
fluxtor

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 18:42 pm
Sorry, did you bang your head?

Either eBay, aquarist-classifieds.co.uk or just google 'bloodfin tetra for sale near (your town)'
Okeedoo I did exactly that had a few Ebay hits just wasn't sure how reliable it would be getting fish from Ebay.
Novice
67ltr Nano Tank
Koi Keeper
Martinspuddle

fluxtor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 20:42 pm Okeedoo I did exactly that had a few Ebay hits just wasn't sure how reliable it would be getting fish from Ebay.
Whenever I have used eBay, I'm very careful to see what sort of seller they are, whether private individual who has only sold occasionally before or professional dealer or breeder with numerous listing for various species. Check the feed back, see what others have said about their purchases from this person. See if they offer payment return if dead on arrival. I only use someone with 100 percent or near and make sure to use PayPal, not cash payment. Using PayPal will give you some measure of come back.

Always arrange with the seller shipping dates, so you know you will home on the day of the delivery and don't order during extreme weather conditions i.e. freezing weather or when it's snowing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fluxtor

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 am
fluxtor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 20:42 pm Okeedoo I did exactly that had a few Ebay hits just wasn't sure how reliable it would be getting fish from Ebay.
Whenever I have used eBay, I'm very careful to see what sort of seller they are, whether private individual who has only sold occasionally before or professional dealer or breeder with numerous listing for various species. Check the feed back, see what others have said about their purchases from this person. See if they offer payment return if dead on arrival. I only use someone with 100 percent or near and make sure to use PayPal, not cash payment. Using PayPal will give you some measure of come back.

Always arrange with the seller shipping dates, so you know you will home on the day of the delivery and don't order during extreme weather conditions i.e. freezing weather or when it's snowing.
Sound advice! In my years buying koi I only ever had one delivered and that was a relatively expensive koi but from a reputable dealer. Trouble I've seen with tropical is the delivery is often as much as the fish especially when you only want 5 or 7 tetras!
Novice
67ltr Nano Tank
Koi Keeper
Martinspuddle

fluxtor wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:43 am Sound advice! In my years buying koi I only ever had one delivered and that was a relatively expensive koi but from a reputable dealer. Trouble I've seen with tropical is the delivery is often as much as the fish especially when you only want 5 or 7 tetras!
You can find them small numbers but then you have to justify the shipping cost for just six small fish.