Fish Science Worm Pellets.

Food, feeding and diet.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Does anybody have a pot of the above that they could take a photo of the ingredients please? Their website is down. I have a chance to take on some very young Sturisoma that a friend can't be arsed to raise and some reading has suggested a mix of spirulina and an earth worm pellet that contains shrimp matter (and therefore, chitin) as a good diet for juveniles/fry.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

The ingredients state:-
Unique formula using bloodworms, earthworms, meal worms and silk worms - over 40% worm content.
Composition:-
Worm meal, herring meal, cereals, fish hydrolysate, yeast, potato, minerals, algae, lecithin, antioxidants and colourants.

There is no mention of shrimp matter.

Hope it helps
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Stephen wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 15:20 pm The ingredients state:-
Unique formula using bloodworms, earthworms, meal worms and silk worms - over 40% worm content.
Worm meal, herring meal, cereals, fish hydrolysate, yeast, potato, minerals, algae, lecithin, antioxidants and colourants.

Hope it helps
Thanks Stephen, seems to be full of fillers! I doubt fish need cereal or potato! I must admit, I'm not a fan of the fish science Cory tablets neither.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

BigBen wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 19:42 pm
Stephen wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 15:20 pm The ingredients state:-

Hope it helps
Thanks Stephen, seems to be full of fillers! I doubt fish need cereal or potato! I must admit, I'm not a fan of the fish science Cory tablets neither.
I did buy a pot just to give it a try. The fish do appear to like it, although I only feed it about once a month.
My fish also like the FishScience oak & algae wafers, the cichlids like it as do the corydoras and plecos.
I'm unsure about the FishScience Corydoras tablets although it is endorsed by Ian Fuller.
"With the help of Ian Fuller from Corydoras World and other Corydoras experts throughout the UK we have been able to develop a food that is ideal for these fish species," explained Dr David Pool of FishScience. "We sent food samples to over 50 cory experts and used their feedback to fine-tune the recipe and format. The end result is a food that is not only nutritionally balanced for Corydoras, but one that they really enjoy."

The use of insect meal in the foods has a number of key benefits. It is what Corydoras and most aquarium fish would eat in the wild. Not surprisingly they have evolved to digest and process this food, which results in great food conversion ratios and less waste. Importantly, insect meal is cultured on waste fruit and vegetable material, ensuring it is environmentally friendly and sustainable — and reduces the use of fish meal taken from the sea.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)