Possible Bruise on Cory?

Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 310 times

Will try and get a proper photo when the BN is up against the front glass.

I do worry about the wee Sterbai though, @Martinspuddle I may try the Methylene Blue if come across some.

My only hope is that is is just damage from the siphon or something else so it's not contagious at least, time will tell will keep a close eye on them.

Just focusing on keeping the water as clean as possible.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

To me it's damaged plates which I have seen before in armored catfish and Corydoras species alike. Methylene Blue and aquarium salt was all my mother had for her Corydoras and remember this was Forty years ago. We've moved on since, try a course API Melafix first before trying the big guns. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Sixo
Posting Legend

My BN is getting extremely food aggressive which won't be helping things either, don't know why it's getting so ratty it's been in there with Corys and the likes for 5-6 years and it's never been this bad. Going after the Keyhole & everything. It gets well fed don't understand why it's got so bad today.

It was a rescue from my sister-in-laws divorce and a bit of a popular fish with the kids in the family but if it keeps this up it's going to another home, I love my corys more.
DoubleDutch
Posting Legend
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 134 times

Probably cause it is hungry.
Think about leaving vegs there overnight.
In the pics it.looks quite thin
Sixo
Posting Legend

How long do you leave veg in for?

I usually put veg in the day before a waterchange so it can lunch through the night. I feed hikari wafers, fishscience algae wafers with oak and repashy along with the other protein-based foods the rest of the fish get.

I've never fed veg without following up with a waterchange the day after through in fear it would foul the water, blanched courgette makes an awful.

Have heard some people pop it in the tank raw.

Do you think Corys can coexist with a BN long-term if I keep the. Well-fed enough?
DoubleDutch
Posting Legend
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 134 times

Keeping three (female) BN's with Corys for years now. Not any problem so far.

I leave vegs.for 2 / 3 days but your way is good as well.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

I've got BNs in with corys with no problems.
One of them is quite grumpy, but the corys stay away when he turns up to feed.
Sixo
Posting Legend

Thanks that makes me feel better, the BN is very grumpy in her old age, I'm looking at other decor/hideyhole ideas. May just have to feed more and spread it out as much as I can. I think half the trouble is Corys don't understand the idea of personal space 😂.
Sixo
Posting Legend

plankton wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 17:50 pm What's he been eating? He has a strange stomach colour.
Not sure about the white, we'd probably need a good in-focus shot to see better.
Closer shots of the strange belly

Also while we're on the subject of Plecos what's the deal with the whole one-sided cave thing is it purely for breeding purposes?

I've never been interesting in breeding them so my logs are swim-throughs is it maybe worth sealing one off with something to see if it'll maybe chill out a bit more?

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

How old is this BN?
It looks a bit fuzzy like fungus in some pics, but in others just like pigmentation.