Sick corys - what next?

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Wishafish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 17:13 pm
BigBen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 20:42 pmI also won't buy a fish if the shop has them on pebbles or gravel (unless it's very fine), as a scratch and stress of moving is trouble.
Would you buy corydoras from a shop that keeps their fish in bare-bottomed tanks?
I don't know the answer to that to be honest, as none of my local shops use bare bottom tanks. It can be asking for trouble with bacteria unless they clean it well. It's certainly better than gravel and pea gravels.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Sorry you lost them 😢. I’ve been taking a closer look at mine and there’s 1 that’s clearly got something going on in terms of missing fins, growths…I’m having to assume bad breeding 🤷🏻‍♀️
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 18:49 pm Sorry you lost them 😢. I’ve been taking a closer look at mine and there’s 1 that’s clearly got something going on in terms of missing fins, growths…I’m having to assume bad breeding 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thanks, and I’m sorry to hear about yours too. 😞 Several of mine did have very ragged fins by the end, but no growths. One of the odd things with mine was how they managed to look rubbish in so many different ways, until right at the end anyway. I hope you don’t lose any more.
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

@Wishafish
Wishafish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 17:10 pm @Stephen, I am near Newbury, 4 counties within easy reach. My favourite LFS is Oxfordshire, my second favourite Wiltshire, there used to be a good one in Hampshire that closed. Not found a good one in Berkshire yet!
I've been thinking about the poor quality cory that you've had and the bad luck. Hence I asked where you were located.

How would you like to buy 9 x Corydoras trilineatus from me? (say £45)
All are in great condition, less than 12 months old.
They only grow to about 2.2 inch (55mm) and are not far off that size now (so not tiny babies). There is some early spawning signs but nothing except the odd egg on glass.

I'm just thinking outside the box.
As you are in Newbury then, if interested, maybe we could meet up somewhere near Swindon on a day that is convenient to both of us.
I was thinking maybe at Sainsbury's Stratton Superstore (SA3 4EW) which is just off the A419/A420 junction (approx 28 miles from Newbury).
As I said, it's just a thought.
For everyone else: I am not changing themes :P .

Corydoras trilineatus (example photo only)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)