too many shrimp in 23 litre ???

robbo81
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 28 times

Evening all
I have a 23 litre fluval edge which I set up for as a shrimp only tank. ( after a disaster with galaxy rasbora ) the tank is now doing extremely well , but maybe the shrimp are doing too well ha.
It’s impossible to say just how many I now have in there but the tiny babies are literally everywhere .
Is this an issue to have too many cherry shrimp in a 23 litre tank ?
It doesn’t look overcrowded but looks like a lot of shrimp. I have in the past removed at wound 15 and added them to my 200 litre roma and although the shrimp do well in there they do not breed nearly half as much as in the 23 litre ( but as the other post I made says the babies may well be getting picked off in the 200 litre.

The 23l edge is well over filtered using a small all pond solutions canister filter with sponge and biohome and also have an air stone running 24/7

Just curious as to is this an issue or not
Regards

Benville
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 87 times

The bioload of cherries is tiny, if I remember my research. I'd just be happy the colony is doing well. I am however a good year or so out of practice with shrimp, so I may be getting things wrong.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

They balance the colony out at a number that the tank can support, but as @Benville says it will be a lot! :D
robbo81
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 28 times

That’s great . I was getting worried the tank was getting over run ha
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 836 times

Mine (crystal reds) just seemed to stop breeding when the population became to much. I sold a few lots and the week after, berried females. It's like they know. Not sure how, but they seem to.