White mark at rear of Dorsal fin where it meets body

john10001
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

One of my female Congo Tetra has a small white mark at the rear of her Dorsal fin where it meets the body. Are you able to help identify the issue and what I should use to treat it?

It was very difficult to photograph because they never keep still. They are only bold and confident at feeding time and timid and shy the rest of the time so I was fortunate to be able to get these few shots but it is still difficult to zoom in and see anything. I had to take it on my iPhone as my regular camera has the memory card full and I have been having issues downloading to my ancient computer.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

It looks like a small scuff, possibly caused when they feed/chase each other.
Maybe a couple of extra small water changes to keep the water pristine and maybe a drop of melafix if you have any to help prevent secondary infections then just keep an eye on it make sure it doesn’t get any worse :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Either that or a spot of fungus following a scuff perhaps.
do what @Gingerlove05 suggests and use an anti-fungal med if it doesn't clear up in a week, or gets bigger.