Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Happy birthday Vale! & mrs Vale!

Hope you both have a great day.

Image Image
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Happy birthday 🎂 to both of you 😁
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Happy Birthday!!!
Lo1
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 221 times

Happy birthday to you both.
:swim: :swim2: :swim:

NACD OptiWhite Aquarium 140l,
F Zone Stainless Steel 15l filter,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh daylight,
Eheim powerLED+ fresh plants,
AI Nero 3 Powerhead,
Twinstar Nano Sterilizer,
Co2 Art PRO-SE.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

Happy birthday 🎈
Happy birthday 💐
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Have a great day both! :D
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Image Image
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Happy Birthday to the Vale!s. :)
RandomTeaPig
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 87 times

Happy Birthday
dh 18
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Thank you all very much. I think this one's rather a 'biggie' : if my maths is correct, I'm beginning my 71st orbit of the sun in eight minutes' time (as I type this) ; and Mrs V! should have retired today. {Edit : I've just seen the birthday announcements on the front page and it seems my maths is awry as usual! I will copy-and-paste the foregoing in a year's time then!}

I've been quiescent for quite some time. In fact earlier in the year I lost my mojo almost completely. Apart from adding food and checking some base parameters fairly regularly, I didn't do anything whatsoever to any of my tanks for five months. They were remarkably stable throughout, with the exception of Sheba 1(Betta coccina) and Sheba 3 (Chocolate Gourami & Sundadanio axelrodi aka Neon Blue Rasbora) in which pH rose to 7.2 and 7.1, and conductivity rose to around 210uS and 160uS respectively.

Now that I've found my mojo cowering in a dusty corner I'm getting back on track and, this morning, have even started a new project ...

... or to be more precise, I'm resurrecting an old project with hope of making improvements over its previous incarnation. Those grow lights that I came across serendipitously look potentially interesting for more than just my project. If you haven't come across them they're 'smart bulbs' in that they're controllable (daily timer, intensity) via an app. I can see me using one (or two) in a clip-on bulb holder as a cheaper alternative to a pukka aquarium light unit for a small/medium tank. Eventually I'll measure the light intensity at different depths and report back if it looks promising water-penetration-wise.

I've also, at last, sorted the Eirmotus tank. Due to its history and my general inability to get every last fish out of a tank when necessary, its left-hand compartment had Eirmotus and Hovering Loach in it - the latter representing a complete-eviction failure as described. Its right-hand compartment was supposed to hold a pair of Apistos (honsloi) but they had been joined by both Eirmotus and Hovering Loach from the other side : at some point the sponge 'plug' that prevents free travel had become dislodged. I reckoned I'd lost a couple of the long-in-the-tooth Eirmotus during my hiatus but I found two new ones whilst defoliating their space. I hadn't seen the female honsloi for some time. My male Apistos have a habit of harassing singleton females to death (I have an A. piaroa that has done the same) and it has always seemed generally quite difficult to buy a number of females so that at least small harems can be maintained when appropriate. Anyway, when it was the right-hand compartment's turn to be defoilated I discovered two new females - I'm pretty certain due to their size that neither is the original female. Very puzzling!

Anyway ... a liquid breakfast seems in order!