Will this hurt my fish?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

I know the wood is fine, what I'm worried about is the Oscars who are always swimming together, bumping each other and are far from graceful getting themselves stabbed by pieces sticking out.
They graze themselves on the lava rock in the tank!!!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Take a look at Talava wood:- I've used this stuff loads as its kind of between redmoor and manzanita wood.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dmd= ... nkw=talava
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Spikey wood is just asking for trouble with Oscars. They want open space. They’re not great at intricate manoeuvres round sharp obstacles. I wouldn’t have lava rock with them either...
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

black ghost wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:56 pm Spikey wood is just asking for trouble with Oscars. They want open space. They’re not great at intricate manoeuvres round sharp obstacles. I wouldn’t have lava rock with them either...
Thanks, ive just been looking for inspiration online with Oscar tanks.
You're right, I'm going to simplify I think, remove a lot of my rock and move the rest to one end, I need to keep a few caves as the parrots love them but give the Oscar a lot for space, I might try a few plants in the open, I've found one type that they ignore (so far anyway!).
I have quite a strong current/flow round the tank from 2 powerheads that I don't like and only have to clear the poo out from all the rocks so hopefully can remove one or both aswell as I'm not sure of the oscars like it or not (I read they prefer slower, but they do play and swim in it a bit)
Cheers for your help again!