Safe medication?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
StealthFox227
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Hi,

I am happy to say that after bringing my ammonia levels right down my BN pleco is doing great. Seems to be recovering really well. I have now noticed that my two goldfish have a little case of fin rot and one has 1 or 2 white spots.

What is the best general medicine? I understand plecos don't like aquarium salt so won't use that unless I give my goldfish a separate salt bath.

I have some melafix and WS3 in my cupboard but not sure if that is safe for the pleco? I haven't really got anything big enough to quarentine the goldies in so not sure what to do?

Any advice welcome ☺️
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Whats you water parameter results?

Any pictures of spots. You do know male Goldfish develop spots called 'Tubercles' as they mature.

Finrot, that's bacterial. Waterchanges and Melafix.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Also crush a quarter of a clove of garlic for them. ;)
Let it breathe for 10 mins so it works better as a boost for them before popping it in the tank.
StealthFox227
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Parameters are pH 6.4, 0.5ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites, 20ppm nitrate so still trying to eradicate the ammonia. Can't get a decent picture of the white spots at the moment because the goldie won't keep still enough. They're only very small on the tips of the dorsal fin. 2-3 max.

I do have some annoying cotton like spots all over the substrate which appeared after using biological enhancer. Can't get rid of them as they seem too heavy to suck up when vaccuming the gravel.

Tried the garlic for the first time so hoping they enjoy that 😊