Stephen's future aquarium plans

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BakerJoe
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 242 times

Thinking back to when you had some serious back issues . Can you plumb this tank in so water changes are done with a turn of a switch . I tend to use the filters to pump the water out via a tee joint and a tap . Makes water changes a dream on big tanks
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

BakerJoe wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 15:05 pm Thinking back to when you had some serious back issues . Can you plumb this tank in so water changes are done with a turn of a switch . I tend to use the filters to pump the water out via a tee joint and a tap . Makes water changes a dream on big tanks
Thanks Joe
I actually use a 22/16mm hose to empty the aquarium (syphoned to garden) and connect the same hose to mixer taps to refill the aquarium.
This has made water changes much easier.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
BakerJoe

Stephen wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 16:18 pm
BakerJoe wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 15:05 pm Thinking back to when you had some serious back issues . Can you plumb this tank in so water changes are done with a turn of a switch . I tend to use the filters to pump the water out via a tee joint and a tap . Makes water changes a dream on big tanks
Thanks Joe
I actually use a 22/16mm hose to empty the aquarium (syphoned to garden) and connect the same hose to mixer taps to refill the aquarium.
Fair enough 🤣 I used to to it that way but got too lazy even for that I guess 🤣🤣🤣. As long as you can manage 👍🏼
mattindevon
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 50 times

Thanks Joe
I've often heard of plumbing direct to tank, but water treatment never seems to be mentioned. How do you dechlorinate, for example? Just add the treatment to the tank during/after refilling?
AquaEl 60x30x30: 7 x Male Guppy, 2 x Hillstream Loach, 2 x Albino Cory, 2 x Bronze Cory, 1 x Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlid
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

mattindevon wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 16:52 pm
Thanks Joe
I've often heard of plumbing direct to tank, but water treatment never seems to be mentioned. How do you dechlorinate, for example? Just add the treatment to the tank during/after refilling?
You treat the tank before putting the new water in.
BakerJoe

mattindevon wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 16:52 pm
Thanks Joe

Yeah just add prime to the tank 👍🏼
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

I'm still seriously thinking of upgrading my 550L aquarium.
I am thinking maybe the Juwel Rio 450 LED (450L) (as in Wingnut55's tank log) but the light wood version.

Maybe an Oase HighLine optiwhite 600 oak (580L) (looks great but expensive).

Maybe an Eheim Incpiria Freshwater 530 Graphite (530L) (looks great but very expensive).

Then maybe a custom built aquarium.

Decisions, decisions, decisions .... :$
Last edited by Stephen on Fri Aug 05, 2022 17:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)