New home for fancies

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Maddie
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 69 times

Crazy fish thing
Maddie

I should add I heat my tank.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Weather loaches are ok with goldfish if there’s plenty of space, but they should never be kept singly. They love company, and rest touching each other. That’s probably why it rests in amongst pipes and wires and wants to swim through your fingers.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Maddie

There was 2 of them but the filter intake strainer came off and one of them went up and through the motor. You've never seen anyone open a filter so quickly but this is an eheim and the motor is on the top so through the motor it went. I was distraught but it taught me to belt and braces everything and the filter intake has 3 suction clips on it now. Of course they are all far to big to go up the pipe now anyway. I did ponder getting another but as he is so big now and seems pretty happy I thought it best not to upset the tank. He gets lots of hand cuddles off me. He is my favourite in the tank. Very endearing. Do you think I should possibly look for another but similar size to this one ?
black ghost
Posting Legend

You could add one but I would add a few ideally. You can add small ones. Size doesn’t matter to them.
Maddie

If they all get to the size of this monster there will be no room at the inn. I am guessing they are all going to grow as huge as this beast. And I don't think he is done yet !!!
black ghost
Posting Legend

How big is the tank? They can get to about 10”.

Edit… Misgurnis anguillicaudatus grows to 10”. Yours looks more like Paramisgurnis dabryanus which only gets to about 6”. They’re both commonly sold as Weather/Dojo loaches.
Last edited by black ghost on Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Also @Maddie, if it's doing that you need a guard on the heater as it'll burn itself at some stage. ;)
CSalmon
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

@Maddie that weather loach looks great! Thanks for the idea.

I reckon my fancies can fit comfortably where they are for another two or three months so I'll keep a look out for second hand tanks. They have now completely decimated their "garden," so I definitely need to think again about which plants I can put in their.

Good to know about the sand. I think I'll go for black sand as the fish are gold and white.
Maddie

@black ghost I would agree with you except mine is easily already bigger than 6 inches probably 8-9 inches.