Help!! Massively bloated Cory!

WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

Hi, my Aquasky has just pinged on after a couple of days of not working at all. I've just seen that one of my Cory's - it was the largest one and has been in the tank for quite a while - is hugely bloated. It's almost like it is sitting on some sort of cushion like a hovercraft... 😳 it's either an orange or gold laser, not that you can see that from the pics. I also can't see well whether it's pine coning or not.

It still seems to be swimming about ok, and snaffling about for food but what is wrong with it and what can I do?? Anyone know?

The other Cory's seem fine as do the rest if the fish.

Any ideas? Stills are a bit blurry, when I tried to take a video of it, it darted off....

Thank you

'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Looks like a blockage or a fluid build up. You could try a bactericide, or garlic, or live daphnia…
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

I would certainly starve for a couple of days as well as what @black ghost said. ;)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

Thanks @black ghost and @plankton. I'll starve the tank for a couple of days, assuming that won't be harmful for the other fish. Stupid Aquasky not working again today so I can't really see anything in the tank at all to see how it's doing.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

So there is no improvement or change in the Cory after having starved the tank for a couple of days. I'm not sure it doesn't look worse now than it did on Tues. It's still swimming OK but looks just so bloated still.

The other fish still look fine.

It's still swimming quite fast and with the tank decor etc I'm not convinced I could catch it very easily. Not sure what to do at this point?

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Are there any males in with her?
Colder water change and get them to spawn..... ;)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

@plankton haven't a clue, I have a group of 8 in total but no idea of the sexes. This one was left from a previous group and is much larger than the others.

I did a water change Tues but could do another small one with cooler water today... Aquasky ok again at the moment so at least it cam see what's going on.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Just run the aquasky on manual mode and use a plug-in timer 😁
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

fr499y wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 13:21 pm Just run the aquasky on manual mode and use a plug-in timer 😁
I've been doing that for 12 months, but unfortunately it is now only working about half the time when plugged in and switched on manually. ... The light hasn't worked with the app since this time last year, really. I was hoping to go to after Xmas before shelling out for a new one. Touch wood it has been OK the last couple of days.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

ah shame that :(