Stephen's new 425L SeaBray Elite tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1421 times
Been liked: 3420 times

Tonight I managed to get another 9 x bronze cory (Corydoras aeneus) from P@H, so now have 14 in total. :)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 13 x Cory caudimaculatus, 10 x Cory sterbai 49 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1948 times

Time for a celebratory picture - it's been ages would love to see one ;)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4265 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Staffylover wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 19:20 pm Time for a celebratory picture - it's been ages would love to see one ;)
Pawned his camera to pay for the Corydoras @Staffylover. :grin:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

This morning I found a clump od around 25 eggs underneath the filter intake pipe on the far right corner of the aquarium.
I'm not 100% sure whos eggs they are, but looking at the size I suspect they are from the Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519).
The Cupid Cichlids aren't showing any interest in the eggs (no guarding or fanning the eggs) and the eggs are likely too large to be from the Corydoras.
If they are from the Honeycomb Bristlenose why didn't they typically lay them in one of the caves ?
I physically counted 3 of the Honeycomb Bristlenose on a piece of bogwood, I'm sure the 4th one is there somewhere.
I'm doing a water change tomorrow plus a general clean up, I'll temporarily remove the bogwood (to syphon up the poop) and search for the 4th Honeycomb Bristlenose.
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 13 x Cory caudimaculatus, 10 x Cory sterbai 49 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4265 times
Been liked: 3921 times

Stephen wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 17:27 pm This morning I found a clump od around 25 eggs underneath the filter intake pipe on the far right corner of the aquarium.
I'm not 100% sure whos eggs they are, but looking at the size I suspect they are from the Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519).
The Cupid Cichlids aren't showing any interest in the eggs (no guarding or fanning the eggs) and the eggs are likely too large to be from the Corydoras.
If they are from the Honeycomb Bristlenose why didn't they typically lay them in one of the caves ?
I physically counted 3 of the Honeycomb Bristlenose on a piece of bogwood, I'm sure the 4th one is there somewhere.
I'm doing a water change tomorrow plus a general clean up, I'll temporarily remove the bogwood (to syphon up the poop) and search for the 4th Honeycomb Bristlenose.
Most Ancistrus Sp. eggs are bright orange or yellow in colour I believe.

Males takes sole responsibility for the eggs and young, and yes spawning in the wild takes place usually in a hollow or hole in driftwood.

Think it's very unlikely it's your Ancistrus. Looking at your stocking list, I'd suggest it's your Cichlids. Most Tetra's eggs are scattered, to small to be seen and Corydoras lay their everywhere in small batches.

Any pictures off the eggs @Stephen?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 18:43 pm Most Ancistrus Sp. eggs are bright orange or yellow in colour I believe.

Any pictures off the eggs @Stephen?
No pics (sorry)
Just thinking about it; I spotted one of the Corydoras aeneus in the same corner first thing this morning.
I thought it may be dead as it wasn't moving and I was prepared to remove it later.
Now I have a batch of eggs in the same corner but no Corydoras.
The eggs are a whitish or pale greyish colour and transparent.

Initially I knew they weren't my Cupid Cichlid's eggs as they are normally a redish orange colour and the Cupids would be guarding them and fanning them.
I did not know that most Ancistrus Sp. eggs are bright orange or yellow in colour. Now I know.
So they must be the Corydoras aeneus.
I've only had the Corydoras aeneus for a few days.

Edit: (Tues 16/01/2024)
All the eggs have been eaten.