Sultan pleco and prawn prep.

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

His condition is still improving and he is a brighter colour. Can't tell from this shot but his belly is now flat. Still work to do with him, but very positive. Moving him tank didn't go well as I didn't want to net him. Didn't want to be caught with bare hands
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

If he’s belly’s flat give him more food (if there’s none in already), he’ll recover quicker.

Worms don’t always take over. They can live in a fish in small numbers and then if the fish becomes stressed they can multiply… like a lot of diseases.

PlanetCatfish says they’re more active in a group. That to me says they prefer it, so being alone could be stressing it. Seriously fish says they’re from rapids… And they don’t like bright lights, like most cats.

Re the prawns, I forgot to say, they’re coated in a glaze. I defrost them in a dish with warm water, then a rinse under the tap. The glaze makes them slippery(?) but it dissolves quickly.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

black ghost wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 19:33 pm If he’s belly’s flat give him more food (if there’s none in already), he’ll recover quicker.

Worms don’t always take over. They can live in a fish in small numbers and then if the fish becomes stressed they can multiply… like a lot of diseases.

PlanetCatfish says they’re more active in a group. That to me says they prefer it, so being alone could be stressing it. Seriously fish says they’re from rapids… And they don’t like bright lights, like most cats.

Re the prawns, I forgot to say, they’re coated in a glaze. I defrost them in a dish with warm water, then a rinse under the tap. The glaze makes them slippery(?) but it dissolves quickly.
I've worked the tank now, so hopefully any issue with worms will be gone for a while. He is eating like a pig now.

Not interested in prawns, muscles or cockles yet. I had no idea about them in groups. I had thought they might fight and they're too big really to put in another of my tanks.

I've stopped using seriously fish at the moment. Doesn't seem to have a secure connection and my virus software on my phone gets a little upset. Shame as I think it's the best website for a broad range of fish.

Thanks!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Did just have a look on SF and it looks like I need to work on him taking meaty foods.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Be better if he was eating like a fish but I think you’re out of the woods now.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.